Yoga is generally known as a practice that relieves stress, but it can also be one of the most effective workouts in losing extra calories, especially to those who are in their late 40’s. Some research has shown that yoga is capable of lowering the levels of stress hormones and increasing the body’s insulin sensitivity, this in turn, signals our body to burn consumed food as fuel rather than storing it as fat.
If a yoga session mainly includes physical movements (asanas), it would likely be similar to any other physical exercise program. Additionally, it involves a mental focus; an inward awareness and attention to refined movements; and, firm actions. With perseverance and regular practice, yoga can result in body, mind and soul unification. We will be able to understand the connection between the mind and body and how they are able to affect our image of our own self.
If we are capable of increasing our body awareness, we can significantly develop our outlook towards weight loss. The way we feel determines how much we can enjoy activities. This can be improved by a better connection between mind and boy. Through yoga, our sensory feedbacks are tuned, leading to less tendency to overeating.
There are various yoga poses and yoga sequences that can help us with weight loss. Poses that commonly involves standing poses — poses that focus on core or abdominal strength — and twisting poses. If you aim to lose weight, you’ll likely have to repeat the poses two to three times a week. It is important to pay attention on your breathing while holding the poses for several breathes in each repetition. But, of course, it is vital to know and work within your limits.
Here are some of the best yoga poses for weight loss that have the potential in helping you achieve a firmer physique.
Crescent pose is one of the most basic pose in yoga for weight loss, but its potential to reduce weight is notable. This firms your abs, hips, and thighs
1. From a forward bend, step your right leg forward and place your left leg backward, slightly bended.
2. Take your time in stabilizing your lunge. Make sure that both of your feet are firmly planted, your legs should feel strong and grounded. Lean back. If preferred, you can release your back knee to the ground.
3. Inhale and place your hand on your front knee while lifting your body up.
4. If the formation feels good, in the next inhale, try raising your arms overhead, straight up from your shoulder with palm facing each other.
5. Optionally, lift your chest up and then draw your shoulder blades down on your back. If the standing lunge is somehow to difficult, lower your knee to the ground.
For firmer abdomen muscles.
1. Stand with feet together with arms at your sides.
2. Place the sole of left foot on the inside of your right thigh, with your knee bent.
3. Touch your palms and place them in front of your chest, hold this for two breaths.
4. On your third inhale, extend your arms, with fingertips pointing to the ceiling.
5. Exhale and bend your torso to the left.
6. Straighten your body on inhalation. Repeat 3 to 5 times and switch sides.
Hover firms shoulders, arms, abs, and back.
1. Begin in push-up position on your toes, with straight arms and hands below your shoulders. Hold your body in line from head to heels.
2. On exhalation, lower your chest towards the floor, bending your elbows back, arms close to your body and abs tight.
3. Hold your body a few inches above the ground.
The Chair Pose firms butt and thighs.
1. Stand with your feet together and toes pointing forward. Place your arms at the sides.
2. Inhale and raise your arms overhead, palms facing each other.
3. Exhale and lean back for about 45 degrees, keeping knees behind your toes and abs tight to support your back.
4. Focus your gaze forward.
ROCKING BOAT POSE
This pose firms abs and back.
1. Sit with knees bent, feet on floor and hands on your thighs.
2. Lean back for about 45 degrees with your torso straight and your head in line with your body. Raise your feet so that your calves are placed parallel to the floor.
3. On an inhale, extend your arms and legs, keep your legs together.
4. On inhalation, lower your torso and legs 3 to 4 inches so that your body forms a wider V shape.
5. Exhale and raise your torso and legs. Repeat 3 to 5 times.
Yoga can help you in losing weight and fat. You can learn more yoga sequences for weight loss at Online Yoga Poses.
Article Source: http://www.amazines.com