Doughnuts are a must in whatever diet you are doing, whether that be no diet, gluten-free, paleo, vegan, etc.. I have found that gluten-free doughnuts are harder to come by than your average baked goods or pastries. I’ve also found that the best gluten-free doughnuts are homemade, since donuts are basically a mini round cake with a hole in the center. So if you’re having a doughnut withdrawal, get out your doughnut maker or frying pan and whip them up yourself!
Ingredients from a box:
1 Box of Organic Vanilla Instant Pudding (or chocolate if making chocolate doughnuts)
(And ingredients called for on box of Cake Mix) Usually,
1/3 Cup Oil
3/4 Cup Water (or Milk)
Ingredients from Scratch:
2 Cups Namaste Foods, Perfect Blend Flour (All-Purpose)
1 Organic Free-Range Egg
1/4 Cup (1/2 stick) Organic Butter
1 Cup Organic Whole Milk
3 Tbsp Organic Cane Sugar
1/2 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- Turn on doughnut maker or if frying, add your oil and let it heat up.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Next add all wet ingredients and stir until batter is smooth enough to easily drip off spoon but not thin enough it’s almost like water.
- If using doughnut maker, pour batter in and shut lid until the “done” light turns on, take out and repeat until batter is finished.
- If frying, drop a tiny bit in the oil to see if hot enough, it should bubble and pop (spit) oil.
- Using a piping bag, fill it up with the batter and make rings in the oil, overlapping the ends slightly.
- Once they are puffed up and golden brown, use tongs or a fork (if you’re brave enough) to take the doughnuts out.
- Place on a cooling rack or place to cool.
- Ice those delicious pastries and Enjoy!
Buttercream Icing Ingredients:
3 Cups Organic Powdered Cane Sugar
3/4 Cup Organic Butter
1 Tsp Vanilla
2 Tbsp Organic Heavy Whipping Cream (or Whole Milk)
- In a mixing bowl (or electric mixer) add your butter and sugar.
- Beat on low until smooth.
- Turn up to medium and beat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in vanilla and whipping cream (or milk) and mix for another 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.